Thursday 9 October 2008

Going over to the Dark Side

I have weakened and finally turned to the dark side. I have started a blog. The Jolly Buffoon Blog will attempt to look through my life ignoring or throwing over its shoulder the boring and tedious bits and hopefully find some gems to dust off and present to you. I wouldn't hold your breath....

Charlie Cat is a hero (I should use 'heroine' but I don't like the word so I shan't). She has cleaned up the stinking pile of crockery and cutlery plus polished the turd which is our kitchen. Some of the pile was my creation but most was produced by the return of Charlie Cat from making children cry in the darkest parts of Hampshire and Dan had his biweekly purge of his room. The return of Charlie created chaos as she sorted herself out after 6 weeks away from civilisation with bras, knickers and jeans spread everywhere some washed and now drying and those that were being sorted for washing. Chaz didn't have time for washing up and I kept out of way whilst she dashed about the kitchen loading up the washing machine and cooking a chicken casserole for us all. I was busy tidying my room for someone to view it but that's a different story. Anyway the next evening I was exausted after a long day at work and was in no mood to deal with the rapidly growing heap of dirty plates. I awoke this morning and almost wept when I entered the kitchen for the sight of so much mess was a depressing one. I made my breakfast and prepared my lunch and then scurried off to work vowing to get home at a sensible hour that evening and make a start on crockery mountain.

Now at this point I should like to point out that I'm gainfully employed neither of which Dan or Joe (a temporary housemate and breaker of oven doors) are. Did they help Charlie clean up? Of course they bloody didn't! The bone idle pair hid away in Dan's room fondling each other and playing on the sex box 360. Bastards. I should, of course, tell you about the disappearence of plates, cutlery and cotton buds amongst other things which have actually got dragged into the wormhole that is Dan's room just to be spat out again a couple of weeks later dirtier and covered in mould. Dan purged his room on Tuesday covering most of the kitchen surfaces in dirty plates, mugs and cutlery when I saw this I could have killed him. Charlie thinks or rather I think she hopes that by cleaning the kitchen so thoroughly people will want to keep it clean but knowing Dan Charlie's hopes will be dashed on another mouldy mountain of dirty plates before long.

For now me and Charlie celebrating, we shared a rather tasty chocolate yum-yum, she is watching Hollyoaks and I'm off to prepare a tasty risotto. TTFN

No comments: